Let’s talk TV! What are your favorite shows?
Lately I have been very picky about what I watch. I have a limited amount of free time and I just can't add another show that I have to follow. I have a (very) guilty addiction to a few reality shows: Dance Moms, Jerseylicious, Big Rich Texas...But, I will not move my schedule around for them so I catch them On Demand. On the other hand, I have a few shows that my life revolves around. I am giving you my top five shows that are currently on TV. If I were to give my all-time list Buffy the Vampire Slayer would be #1! I will keep my list to my top 5 current shows for this question.
1. True Blood - I absolutely am addicted to this show. I hate that you only get 10 episodes a year. I have a major crush on Eric Northman and had him as a screen saver on my phone for a while. This last Sunday was the premier of the new season and I was left breathless! One question though, why won't Tara die already?!
2. Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen has got to be one of the best strong female characters I have ever seen. And don't even get me started on the DRAGONS!! The season just ended and now I have to wait a whole year - boo.
3. Pretty Little Liars - Oh teenage drama, how do I love thee? Every episode is exciting and full of angst, sex, lies, and murder. I couldn't ask for more, except maybe...Who the heck is the real A? And how many of them are there?
4. Vampire Diaries - Team Damon! I am so sick of brooding, sensitive vampires and Damon is the cure. There are always new plot twists and turns so it never gets boring. The only downside is that when I miss an episode I have no idea what is happening. So to remedy that, I buy the seasons on DVD and watch them over and over.
5. The Big Bang Theory - Penny, Penny, Penny! My husband and I just found this show. I know it has been on for five seasons now, but we never watched an episode. Now, we speak Sheldonian and have a show we can actually watch together. And if I ask nice enough, I will even get him to sing me Soft Kitty.
And...the show that I am looking forward to that will probably make my husband's eyes roll back into his head is: Bunheads. The first episode that aired last night was promising and since I loved Gilmore Girls and Center Stage it will probably be a favorite soon.
Can you guess what 4/5 of my favorite shows have in common? You guessed it, they were all books first. I read Vampire Diaries when I was in middle school - almost 20 years ago! That just goes to show that good books are timeless and never go out of style. Did any of your picks start out as a book?