Friday, October 12, 2012

Bewitched Review & Riley Teaser

Bewitched
Heven & Hell Series, #2.5
by Cambria Hebert
Published October 5, 2012
Format Reviewed: eBook ARC from author

Synopsis:
For years, I accepted that Heven was more popular than me. I never liked it but I lived with it. I walked in her shadow, I stood by her when no one else would. When I finally thought her spotlight was mine things began to change. She began to change. Now she hardly ever calls me back, she spends all her time with her hot new boyfriend and everyone at school thinks she’s back on top. She had it all. But apparently she wants more. She wants Cole – my boyfriend. What’s worse is that it looks like she got him. I’ve had enough and she’s going to be sorry. Why?

Because I am bewitched.


Bewitched (Heven and Hell, #2.5)


My Thoughts:
I am now of the opinion that every author should write novella in between each full length novel. This is a great way to get to know all of the characters, main and secondary. I love that Bewitched is about Kimber. This novella/short story takes you back to Charade and tells Kimber's story. I already liked Kimber, but this just sealed the deal. Plus, Kimber's voice and personality are larger than life and make for a very entertaining story.

Yes, she is a spoiled brat and is an emotional whirlwind, but in Bewitched we get to see why. I really am able to connect to each of Cambria's characters. She has a way of getting into their heads and making them relatable despite certain flaws. Kimber has been jolted and feels like her world is closing in on her. Nothing is ending up like she planned and Heven is the perfect scapegoat. I know what it is like to play second fiddle to a friend and it made me crazy - and if I had powers I couldn't say I wouldn't have used them too. Also, I love anything witchy and Kimber is the perfect teen witch. Even though her actions have some major consequences, the journey - both emotional and literal is enlightening.

Now I can't wait for Tirade even more than before! The Heven and Hell Series is fantastic and I can't recommend it enough. Cambria has created a world that opens up more every time a new book comes out. I am excited to see what else she has brought to life.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

FTC Advisory: I was given a copy of this book from the author for an honest review. No backroom deals or whispered promises were made.


Book Trailer:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Spotlight Teaser:
Riley
If I am not mistaken, Riley was one of Sam's roomates in Masquerade. It will be very interesting to see how he fits into all of this. I am not a fan of love triangles so I am hoping that this isn't where the storyline is going. Heven loves Sam and should stay away from people who are "dangerously beautiful."

Riley: 
Riley is Heven and Hell’s resident bad boy. Sam ran him out of town because he is dangerous and selfish. But Riley is back and is stirring things up. He’s dark, sarcastic and stubborn. Riley knows all about hell and he doesn’t mind unleashing the hell that lives in him. 

Riley’s STATS:

Eye color: very dark 

Hair color: almost black 

Favorite color: Red 

Will eat: Anything 

Temperament: sarcastic at best 

Interesting facts about Riley: 

Fire proof 
Water proof Angry 
Has some secrets 

How Heven sees Riley: 

Under the light of the nearby lamp I could see much more of his face and when he looked up at me I was taken aback by how beautiful he was. His skin was olive toned and flawless, his lips were full and dark and those eyes. Those dark, dark eyes were accentuated by a slash of thick dark brows that knew no order. But there was something about him that wasn’t beautiful… he was… dangerous. 

He was dangerously beautiful.

After you read Tirade will you be Team Riley??

Cambria Hebert


1 comment:

  1. wow I just love the review for Bewitched! What a great outlook. Most people really don't like Kimber but I do. I understand why people don't like her but like you I see her flaws but also the reason behind them. And her personality was so fun to write, she's so dramatic! lol.
    thank you for taking the time to read and write a review I so appreciate your time.
    And how about Riley? I am for sure Team Riley. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...