Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Of Beast and Beauty


"Waiting On" Wednesday (WoW) is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's book that I am eagerly anticipating is...



Of Beast and Beauty
by Stacey Jay
Expected Release Date: July 23, 2013
Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Formats: Hardcover & eBook ~256 pages

Of Beast and Beauty


In the beginning was the darkness, and in the darkness was a girl, and in the girl was a secret...

In the domed city of Yuan, the blind Princess Isra, a Smooth Skin, is raised to be a human sacrifice whose death will ensure her city’s vitality. In the desert outside Yuan, Gem, a mutant beast, fights to save his people, the Monstrous, from starvation. Neither dreams that together, they could return balance to both their worlds.

Isra wants to help the city’s Banished people, second-class citizens despised for possessing Monstrous traits. But after she enlists the aid of her prisoner, Gem, who has been captured while trying to steal Yuan’s enchanted roses, she begins to care for him, and to question everything she has been brought up to believe.

As secrets are revealed and Isra’s sight, which vanished during her childhood, returned, Isra will have to choose between duty to her people and the beast she has come to love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Why I am "Waiting On" Of Beast and Beauty
I am a huge fan of author Stacey Jay and have read almost all of her books. I have been getting into retold Fairy Tales and Classics lately and I loved her take on Romeo & Juliet in Juliet Immortal and I can't wait to see her rendition of Beauty and the Beast. Plus the cover is so beautiful! I love blood dripping and the fallen rose petals! I probably would have picked this up just for the cover.

What do you think? Will you be reading Of Beast and Beauty? What are some of your favorite retold stories?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds really interesting! Good choice
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to check this out as well as Juliet Immortal :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about this one somewhere but it did not have this gorgeous cover. My God that could be a picture on my wall! I too, love Stacey Jay! I love the Juliet Immortal/Romeo Redeemed books! I love that she's taking this tale on and setting it in a completely different place and switching it up. Hope it's good!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely interested in reading this! Thanks for sharing!

    (New GFC Follower)

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this one does sound good! Off to add it to my to-read list. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read anything by Stacey Jay but I do love retellings. I think my favorite is The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey but also really enjoyed A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...