Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Gathering Dark


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's book that I am eagerly anticipating is...


The Gathering Dark
by Christine Johnson
Expected publication Date: February 12th 2013
Published by Simon Pulse

A mysterious teen boy knows the secrets of Keira’s dangerous hallucinations in this gripping romantic fantasy from the author of Claire de Lune.

Keira’s hallucinating. First it’s a door hovering above the road; then it’s a tree in her living room. But with her parents fighting and her best friend not speaking to her, Keira can’t tell anyone about her breakdown.

Until she meets Walker. They have an electric connection, and somehow he can see the same shadowy images plaguing Keira.

But trusting Walker may be more dangerous than Keira could have ever imagined. The more she confides in him, the more intense—and frightening—her visions become. Because Walker is not what he appears to be. And neither are her visions.

******

The Gathering Dark sounds so spooky. I love the cover and am intrigued at what the story will really be about. What do the hallucinations mean? Who is Walker? I have questions and I haven't even read it yet. 

What are you waiting on this week? Does The Gathering Dark look like something you would want to read?

7 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds like a book I need to read. You're right it really sounds spoky and I just love that :)
    Thanks for sharing
    Greetings ;)

    Here is my WoW: http://kimberleyjones17.blogspot.de/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds soo good! I haven't heard of it before, but I will definitely add it to my TBR list. Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh interesting! I like the sound of The Gathering Dark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book seems interesting! Thanks, I now have something new to add to my TBR-list ^_^

    I'm a new follower and I really liked your design and header! :D

    Here is my WOW (if you want to check it out) - http://karenschoice-books.blogspot.no/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    BTW: I also have a giveaway on my blog :) http://karenschoice-books.blogspot.no/2012/08/kindle-giveaway-last-kiss-in-venice.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great, artistic cover. Now I really want to know what the secret is! I've already added it to my tbr list on godoreads. Thanks for stopping by our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Refreacted Light Reviews had it in their wow too I think so this is definitely something to look out for :) I love the cover, it's beautiful! Nice choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that cover. Definitely going to check it out. :) Thanks for stopping by our post this week @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks. Following you back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...