Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday #34


It is that time of week again! You guessed it -Tell Me Something Tuesday; a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous author of the Heven and Hell series, Cambria Hebert. If you would like to participate, visit her blog and grab next week's question and add your link. This week's question:

Do you like social media? Why or why not? What is your favorite social media to use (FB, twitter, GR, etc.)?

I didn't even know what social media was until my middle school students told me I needed to get a MySpace page. My friends has them, but I had no desire to have something else to do. Then I realized how addicting it could be. Not only could I connect to family I hadn't seen in years, I could play games! I loved Sorority Wars.

Actually, the only reason I got my Facebook page in the first place was so I could be my mom's neighbor on Farmville, lol! The gaming has fallen to the wayside and I now use FB for networking. 

Currently, I have a personal Facebook page and am working on a page for this blog. I think my MySpace page is still up, but I haven't touched it in years. I finally have a Twitter account and use it to promote my blog, authors, books, contests, etc... But I don't really keep up with Twitter like I do Facebook - it moves to quickly.

Goodreads is an interesting one. I only made an account because I could semi-organize what I have and have not read and get new ideas of what to read next. I had no idea what kind of drama that could ensue. I stay away from all of it! I am a member of a few groups, but they are uplifting, promotional groups and the second I see anything otherwise I am out. 

The Breakdown: I like the idea of social media and have benefited from the opportunities it has given me. I don't like drama in any form and try to stay away from it at all possible. 

What do you think about social media?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with what you are saying. Drama is just no good at all! I stay out of it all too, I don't want to be involved, lol.
    I never had a Myspace page but I do like FB because you can see people you normally wouldn't get to. :)
    I feel like you about Twitter, it really does move quickly and I can't keep up, lol.
    Thanks for joining this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...