Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Deadly Little Lessons


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's book that I am eagerly anticipating is...

Deadly Little Lessons
(Touch, #5)
by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Expected Publication Date: December 12, 2012
Published by Hyperion

Deadly Little Lessons (Touch, #5)

Camelia Hammond's trying junior year of high school is finally over...but her troubles aren't. After she discovers a painful truth about her family, she escapes to a summer arts program in Rhode Island. Determined to put family - and boyfriend - drama behind her, she throws herself into her artwork.

At the arts school, she gets caught up in the case of Sasha Beckerman, a local girl who is missing. Even though all signs suggest that the teen ran away, Camelia senses otherwise. Eager to help the girl, she launches her own investigation. She finds a blog by someone named Neal Moche, a psychometric who might have clues to Sasha's whereabouts. There is something familiar about Neal, and Camelia realizes how much she misses Ben, despite being committed to Adam.

But time is running out for Sasha, and Camelia will have to trust her powers if she's to save her. Will the lessons Camelia has learned in the past give her the strength to do so?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really enjoy all of the books by author Laurie Faria Stolarz. She has the Blue is for Nightmares series, the Touch series and two stand-alone novels: Bleed and Project 17. She is also a collaborator in the Amanda Project and has quite a few shorts published in different anthologies. 
As for the Touch series, I am sad to see that this will probably be the last book. I hope things are finally wrapped up and we find out what is really going on. There are always little answers in each book, but I want it all! They are super quick reads - I read all four in two evenings. I love that they are teen dramas that are suspenseful and creepy. There is a similar vibe to Pretty Little Liars, but there is so much more depth to them. I will admit I had to keep my side lamp on instead of reading with my little reading light. In fact, I have to do this with most of her books...

What are you waiting on this week? Have you read the Touch series or anything else by Laurie Faria Stolarz?


8 comments:

  1. When you said, "I will admit I had to keep my side lamp on instead of reading with my little reading light. In fact, I have to do this with most of her books..." I knew I had to check out this author. You gotta love creepy! Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb pick!! Will wait for your review of it!
    Here's mine- WoW
    Just followed you on GFC! Follow me back? :)
    Aditi
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick, I look forward to your review!
    Check out my WOW here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the Touch books but this one sounds great. I would love to give them all a try. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this book. I'm a new GFC follower.

    Here's my WoW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to check that out, sounds super interesting!Here's my WoW.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this series is on it's FIFTH BOOK? I read the first two and haven't been able to keep up. I didn't know I got so far behind! Sounds like the story is still getting good! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...