Sunday, July 8, 2012

Liebster Blog Award!


Breathe In BooKs has been awarded the Liebster Blog Award from both Tiffany @ Book- Marks the Spot and from Chelsea @ Little_Miss_Book_Freak! Woohoo! First award baby - and just after it turned one month old! Thank you so much! I ♥ you both. So, are you wondering what this award is all about? Well...The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. AWESOME! 

THE RULES:

What you have to do:
  1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
  2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and 11 questions for the people you tag.
  3. Tag 11 more bloggers!
  4. Tell them you tagged them.
  5. No tag backs!!!
11 Facts about Myself:
  1. I just hit the big 30 in January.
  2. I have a BA in Political Science from the University of Arizona.
  3. I love all things YA - books, movies, TV shows.
  4. I have checked out over 600 books from the library in the past 3 years.
  5. I love Halloween! I decorate, carve pumpkins, make cider, watching silly movies and have candy out for trick-or-treaters.
  6. I know Disneyland like the back of my hand. I have gone at least once a year since I was 3 years old.
  7. I speak German - well, I write & hear better than speak and I love to watch German films.
  8. I have been married for 8 years! 
  9. I love dogs and my two that I have now are spoiled beyond belief, but they are my babies!
  10. Aside from going a couple of hundred feet over the Mexican boarder, I have never left the US. I want to go to Europe and I will get there eventually.
  11. I taught English, but I suck at my own grammar. I can proof anyone else's work but not my own. Those who can't do teach!! Haha.
Questions from Book- Marks the Spot:
  1.  How long have you been blogging?
    I have been blogging seriously for about 2 months now. 
  2. Why did you want to start blogging?
    I read so much and wanted to find a way to let everyone else know what I thought. My husband was tired of listening to me, lol!
  3. Where are you from?
    I was born and raised in a suburb of Los Angeles. I left to attend college in Tucson, AZ and met my hubby and stayed in AZ.
  4. What is your favorite movie?
    Such a hard question! I have favorites from every genre, but I would have to say Clueless. I saw it in the theaters two days in a row and have been reciting quotes from it ever since!
  5. What are your hopes from your blog?
    Hmmm... To have fun, read, find new authors, network, and have something that I created.
  6. What are you afraid of?
    Spiders and scorpions. We have too many of both out here in the desert. Yuck!
  7. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
    This is a name I had been thinking about for a while. I have asthma and when I was little I couldn't do much without having problems breathing so I read. I got to be anyone and do anything while reading and nothing was holding me back. So instead of breathing like a 'normal' person, I breathed in books!
  8. If you could have one super power what would it be and why?
    To be like Mary Poppins and have my house cleaned magically! 
  9. Who is you favorite book crush?
    Col. Christopher Brandon from Sense and Sensibility. And having Alan Rickman play the character in the movie just made me love him more!
  10. Do you review every book you read?
    Not officially. I will always do a mini review in my head, but I don't have enough time to review everything!
  11. How many books do you plan to read this year?
    My goal is 200. I am a little behind, but I will catch up by the end of the summer. 
Bloggers I am tagging for their Awesomeness:
Questions for the Bloggers I Tagged:
  1. How long have you been blogging?
  2. Why did you want to start blogging?
  3. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
  4. What are your hopes for your blog?
  5. Do you read mainly traditionally published or Indie/Self published books?
  6. What is your all-time favorite book & why?
  7. Who is your most favorite & least favorite characters (from any book) and why?
  8. How many books are on your To Be Read & To Be Reviewed piles?
  9. Do you have any ARCs right now, if so what?
  10. What is your favorite drink to consume while reading? Coffee, tea, soda, other?
  11. What book are you currently reading?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krista!
    Wow! Thank you so much for thinking of my blog and for such a kind and wonderful comment. I am working on answering you Q's at the moment. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krista!!! I am sorry it's taken me a minute to post this, I've had some family emergency to tend to. However, I am posting it as I am typing this comment and I also wanted to thank you for choosing my blog and wanted to say Good Luck on your blog!!
    Thanks
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...